Company: Chadwell’s Automotive
Location: Meriden, KS
Start date: First Available Date
R&S Maintenance Services is currently seeking a knowledgeable mechanic to work at Chadwell’s Automotive. A successful candidate will have prior experience as an automotive mechanic, can work with minimal supervision, and has a basic understanding of vehicle maintenance and repair.
Responsibilities: Below are listed many of the main roles and responsibilities of a Automotive Mechanic at Chadwell’s Automotive. This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties assigned.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Comply with regulations and safety requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
Candidates for the Auto Mechanic position shall have at least a high school diploma or GED, Vocational training or at least 4 years of on the job training, pass any and all relevant mechanical aptitude tests, and may undergo trainings and technological advances. Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
The Automotive Mechanic position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills and good team building skills
- Capability to work in an unsupervised position effectively.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong work habits.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles.
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Climate Controlled Shop
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental & Eye Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan w/ Company Matching Option
- Flexible Schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Contact Us for Pay Information
Education: High school or equivalent, Technical/vocational training (preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Preferred)
Shifts: Daytime (Required)