Company: R & S Maintenance
Location: Meriden, KS
Start date: First Available Date
R&S Maintenance is seeking a qualified professional to fill the open CNC Operator and Machinist Position. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
· Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
· Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
· Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
· Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting, and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
On the job training to be provided
The Machinist Level I position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills and good team building skills
- Capability to work in an unsupervised position effectively.
- Capability to read and interpret technical documents, such as:
- OEM Maintenance plans
- Blue prints
- Capability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Have a strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and circulating systems operation, contamination control and maintenance functions.
- Should be qualified to operate lifting equipment (Fork Truck, Skip Hoist, Etc.)
- Should be qualified to perform lockout-tag out procedures.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong work habits.
- Climate Controlled Shop
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental & Eye Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan w/ Company Matching Option
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Contact Us for Pay Information
Experience: Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Preferred)
Shifts: Daytime (Required)