Company: R & S Maintenance
Location: Meriden, KS
Start date: First Available Date
R&S Maintenance Services is currently seeking reliable Manual Machinists to join our Team. The successful candidate will work under minimal supervision, set up and operate manually controlled machines in skilled precision in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Monitor the machining process, measure parts during fabrication operations and adjust settings and operations to ensure product conformance to all applicable specifications.
- Proficient with the use of measurement instruments: micrometers, dial indicators, calipers etc.
- Experience and ability to understand and interpret specifications, diagrams and plans
- Ability to perform mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Fabricates parts out of a variety of metal, plastics and composites
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience setting up and fabricating using Manual Mill and or Lathe machine tools.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, self-sufficient with a “make it happen” attitude & approach.
- Experience in part inspection, First Piece inspection.
- 5 years of experience operating manually controlled machines (Optional)
- 3 years of experience in a job shop environment (Optional)
On the job training to be provided
The Machinist Level I position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills and good team building skills
- Capability to work in an unsupervised position effectively.
- Capability to read and interpret technical documents, such as:
- OEM Maintenance plans
- Blue prints
- Capability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Demonstrated initiative and strong work habits.
- Climate Controlled Shop
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental & Eye Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan w/ Company Matching Option
- Flexible Schedule
- Opportunities for overtime
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Contact Us for Pay Information
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Preferred)
Shifts: Daytime (Required)